LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT FELLOWSHIP 2018 – 2020
WHAT IF YOUR JOB
YOU WILL CREATE COLLECTIVE IMPACT
Fellows work as official English teachers in primary/ lower secondary schools to empower students in the classroom with excellent English, growth-mindset and soft skills for the 21st century. They create synergy with local teachers/ principals for school-level changes and lead social projects to bring positive and profound impacts to the surrounding community.
HOW FELLOWS – FUTURE LEADERS CAN BUILD
AN ECOSYSTEM SUPPORTING EDUCATION
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Leadership Development Fellows will become official English teachers to teach full-time in primary, lower secondary schools in Tây Ninh province.
- Vietnamese Citizen
- Fluent English (preferable: IELTS from 7.0, TOEFL from 90, or equivalent. Fellows will need to submit English certificate by June 2018, except for ones studied full-time in English speaking countries for at least 1 year)
- Bachelor Degree in ANY major or proof of completing it by August 2018
- Minimum GPA: 2.5/4, or 7.0/10
- Strong communication skill
- A commitment to Teach For Vietnam’s Vision and Mission, and alignment with our Core Values
- A track record of leadership and outstanding achievement
- Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and creativity
- Strong organizational skills
- A strong belief in the potential of every child
- Humility, appreciation of diversity, respect and empathy for others
- Determination, resilience, and perseverance in the face of challenges
SALARY AND BENEFITS
DURING 2-YEAR FELLOWSHIP
A globally recognized leadership development program
Be a part of a global movement to ensure education equity as change-maker
Intensive training and support during 2 years on leadership, pedagogy skills and community development.
AFTER THE FELLOWSHIP
Regardless of the industries they work for, Fellow Alumni are committed to collective leadership to build a sustainable ecosystem supporting education that provides opportunies for all children in Vietnam.
Leader in the classroom, school, and community:
Working directly in education with various different roles: in the classroom as teacher, school manager, policy maker… to change lives of thousands of students, collaborate with other teachers and policy-makers to improve education quality.
Teach for vietnam staff members
Fellows can join Teach For Vietnam with a team of talents who are passionate about education. Roles include, but are not limited to: HR, Fundraising & Partnership, Training, Community Development, IT.
Fast-tracking your career as social entrepreneur with support from Teach For Vietnam, bringing changes and innovations toward a better society.
Valuable employee with strong leadership experience:
2 years managing classroom and community projects will Fellows master leadership skills (organization, people management, problem-solving, etc.) in an unstructured environment. Those skills are transferrable in any sector. Many world’s top employers including BCG, McKinsey, and Google recruit fellow alumni.
YOUR LEADERSHIP JOURNEY
SI is a 6-8 week full-time training to prepare fellows as a successful leader in classroom, school and community. Fellows will have the opportunity to teach in classrooms with local students in summer.
Fellows are offically on board
Alumni are in action with the life-long commitment to support education equity and excellence
WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT WILL FELLOWS
ACCREDITATION TO BECOME QUALIFED TEACHERS
TKT (Teaching Knowledge Test) – A Cambridge English Certificate
What is TKT?
MORE ABOUT OUR PROGRAM
Phát triển lãnh đạo trẻ từ nhiều lĩnh vực cùng kiến tạo một hệ sinh thái hỗ trợ giáo dục.
© 2016 Teach For Vietnam.
Trụ sở: R4-08, Đường số 2, Phường Tân Phong, Quận 7, TP. Hồ Chí Minh
VPĐD: TT. Thanh thiếu nhi Tây Ninh, Đường 30/4, Phường 3, TP. Tây Ninh
(+84) 286 6565 044
Some error has occured.