Due to the second wave of COVID 19 cases in Vietnam, schools have been closed and are not planned to reopen yet even though the new school year is about to begin.
The school closure has a great impact on students learning and affects their future when they don’t have access to online learning.
80% of students in Quang Nam province don’t have access to online learning
is the average reduction in yearly earnings for students from the cohort in school today.
of lacking of access to education lead to a long-term educational gap of up to
Teach for Vietnam is working to change this situation by taking concrete actions, with the motto: Schools can close but we don’t stop learning. We provide implementation support and smart devices with internet access for the transition to online learning so that Vietnamese children still can be able to learn during Covid-19.
With your support, we will bring practical values that impact to more than 2,500 students in Quang Nam. Teach for Vietnam aims for fundraising goal of $ 67,000 ~ 1,541,000,000VND (1 billion 541 million dong)
FUND OR DONATE DEVICES
- Donate 100 smart devices that are:
- No more than four years old
- Capable to run meeting apps (Google Meet, Teamlink, Nearpod, etc.)
- Connectable to 3G/4G
FUND DATA COST
- Fund data connections for 100 students over 5 months
- Each student is provided access to 3G/4G connections with 10Gb per month
FUND TFV’s TEACHER
- Fund 26 TFV Teachers (Fellows) over 5 months to:
- Deliver English, STEM and Entrepreneurship classes along with digital literacy to ~2500 students.
- Assist principals, teachers and parents transition to an online learning environment across 30 rural schools
- Partner with Dept. of Education and Training to support teacher training across specific districts.
Teach for Vietnam has set a local crowdfunding target of $25,000 (equivalent to 580,000,000 VND). For every 1 dollar you donate, Teach for Vietnam will call for 2 dollars from the partners. Whether that triple effect happens or not, it all starts with your first donation!
- Fundraising progress 69% 69%
Phát triển lãnh đạo trẻ từ nhiều lĩnh vực cùng kiến tạo một hệ sinh thái hỗ trợ giáo dục.
© 2016 Teach For Vietnam.