Start Date: Immediately
Employment Type : Full time
Location : Ho Chi Minh City (80%) and Tay Ninh (20%)
Teach For Vietnam is a not-for-profit social enterprise developing young leaders from diverse backgrounds to build a sustainable ecosystem supporting education excellence and equity. Teach For Vietnam’s fellows will serve as full-time teachers for two years in high-need public schools, and commit to transform the education outcomes of less-privileged schoolchildren, through significantly improving their achievements and aspirations. In the long term, Teach For Vietnam Ambassadors will form a different class of leaders, working in various sectors to expand education opportunity for all children in Vietnam.
We are looking for a new member for our Finance team to be mainly responsible for our finance operation. While you may or may not be a chartered accountant, what is more important to us is whether you share the same vision and mission as us and are energised to be part of the founding team of Teach For Vietnam that commits to address the challenge of education inequity in Vietnam. Apart from basic financial and accounting knowledge, and other competencies required for the job, we are looking for a new team member who is aligned with our Core Values – Sense of Possibility; Constant Learning; Locally rooted, Globally informed; Diversity and Inclusiveness; Interdependence. Our Core Values are a vital component of our organisation’s culture to ensure long-term and sustainable success, and therefore we use our Core Values consistently throughout our organisation as an important component for the selection of new team members and Fellows.
Our collaborative working environment ensures abundant opportunities for you to work and build strong network with other team members, Fellows, corporate partners, professionals from local government and other staff members within Teach For All network from all over the world. While we believe our compensation package is fair and competitive, we do not expect this to be the key reason for you to join us. After all, we are not just hiring an accountant to do the job; we are looking for a like-minded future leader to grow together with Teach For Vietnam to become the leader of education sector in Vietnam.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Your key responsibilities as Finance and Operation Manager will be consist of work related to Financial Governance, Financial Reporting, Compliance and Legal. In addition, due to our relatively small organisation size (50 full time), you are also expected to play ongoing supporting role for Fundraising and HR Operation. Please also note that the nature of the organisation requires you to be flexible in your approach to work in order to achieve the organisation’s goals. You may therefore be required, from time to time, to carry out reasonable different and/or additional duties.
- Financial Governance – ensure efficient financial governance practices and processes, which includes thefollowing:
- Coordinate annual budget planning and semi-annual budgetreviews
- Maintain budget tracking system to help functional heads to make financialdecisions
- Development and maintain TFV’s finance policies andprocedures
- Maintain payment systems and processes that comply to TFV’s finance policies andprocedures
- Maintain cash flow management system that projects cash requirements and coordinate with Fund Raising unit to ensure a healthy cashbalance
- Financial Reporting – deliver accurate and relevant financial reports to key stakeholders, which include thefollowing:-
- Produce annual reports which include both financial (audited account) and non- financial information that are relevant to publicstakeholders
- Produce semi-annual and quarterly donor reports which include both financial (audited account) and non-financial information that are relevant todonors
- Produce monthly management reports for internaluse
- Manage and coordinate auditprocess
- Produce any other reports which may be required from time totime
- Fund Raising– collaborate with Fund Raising unit to deliver relevant financial information and documents to effectively engage corporate sponsors and ensuretimelydrawdownoffunding/support fromcorporatesponsorsand
- Compliance and Legal – responsible for legal procedure related to the organization such as contracts, sponsorship agreements, etc.
- Business Assets and Equipment – responsible for supervising the procurement, safeguarding and maintenance of business assets and equipment, which include IT equipment, mobile phones, office stationery
- HR Operation – assist in all HR related operational activities when required
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in accounting related work and/or qualification in Preferable experience as an accountant and understand tax system.
- Bachelor degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to construct and dissect simple financial statements
- High level of attention to detail required to ensure reportaccuracy
- Logical and methodical thinking required to design and improve financialprocesses
- Strong numerical and analytical skills required for simple financialanalysis
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- Competency with Microsoft Office productivity tool( E.g Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Share the same sense of mission and core values as theorganisation
- Strong team player