Employment Type: Full-time
Location: Ho Chi Minh and Tay Ninh city
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Start date: As soon as possible
Report to: CEO & Management team
Teach For Vietnam seeks an assistant who will support the CEO and Management Team in achieving a wide variety of goals from program, public & private, and operations. This position provides an individual with excellent communication and organizational skills the opportunity to be part of an extremely important initiative. This person will report directly to the CEO.
- Support the CEO and senior team in 3 buckets: program (recruitment, selection, marketing, training&support, alumni impact, impact assessment), Public&Private Support (Placement, Community Relations, Development/Fund Raising), Operations (HR, Finance, Legal, Admin , IT)
- Providing administrative support including, scheduling meetings, conference calls, maintaining calendars, and arranging travel, managing correspondence, and processing reimbursements
- Coordinating logistics, drafting agendas, providing advance materials, and executing follow up for meetings and team conferences
- Logistics support for diversified departments and leading some projects/events as assigned
- Implementing processes and procedures to increase team’s efficiency and organization
- Ensuring timely payment and tracking of bills, reimbursements, and expense reports for the CEO and Founder
- Performing other tasks as directed by the CEO and Founder
Because we are a start-up organisation, every staff member in our organisation is expected to pitch in as needed outside of his/her department as well. This would include, for example: supporting our recruitment efforts, meeting with principals, and other strategies essential to the success of our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient English user
- The ability to influence and motivate others
- Leadership and achievement in academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Strong commitment to the community services
- Organizational ability: planning well, meeting deadlines, and working efficiently
- Respect for students and families in high-need communities
- Strong written and outstanding interpersonal communication skills
Approach to Work
- Exemplifies Teach ForVietnam’s core values: sense of possibility, constant learning, globally informed and locally rooted, diversity and inclusion, and interdependence
- Spirit of flexibility
- Open – minded and believe in strong potential of students
Benefits and Salary
- Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included
- A chance to work towards the vision that in 2050, all children in Vietnam will attain an excellent education
- Be a part of enthusiastic, diverse, and supportive team
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 45 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ high-need schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
About Teach For Vietnam
Teach For Vietnam is the 44th partner in the The Global Education Network Teach For All. Teach For Vietnam is a nonprofit organization with the mission to build a pipeline of leaders for education equity and excellence, recruiting and developing young graduates and professionals from diverse backgrounds to commit two years to teach in the nation’s high-need schools, and to work throughout their lives, from inside and outside of education, to address the root causes of educational inequity. Working toward our vision that by 2050 all children in Vietnam will attain an excellent education, Teach For Vietnam is partnering with both public and private sector to provide the teaching placements, funding, and supportive policy environment necessary to achieve scale and sustain impact over time, while increasing accountability for results.
Applicants who passed the first round will be invited to second round (exercises) and third round (Interviews) on a rolling basis as soon as possible.