- Employment Type: Full-time
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Report to: CEO
- Location: 80% in HCMC, 20% in Quang Nam
The Development Manager / Director (depends on their experience) will be responsible for overseeing Teach For Vietnam’s development strategy. The Manager/ Director reports directly to the CEO: Setting a high level development strategy within the context of the larger Development strategy, developing and executing an operational plan to achieve annual development goals; executing efficient back-end operations; and managing up to the CEO to cultivate, solicit and steward prospects and donors.
This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with superior strategic thinking, communication, analysis, project management and fundraising skills to gain an in-depth understanding of Teach For Vietnam and play a critical role in ensuring the organization reaches its goals. The Director will be in Senior Leadership Team to decide the strategy for the organisation and manage Development, Marketing and Communication and Recruitment, Selection and Matriculation department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1/ Develop a strategic plan then creating and executing an operational plan in alignment with the long range development vision to ensure that Teach For Vietnam maximizes opportunities, meets its goals, and significantly grows funding while building long-term sustainability. This includes but is not limited to:
- Partnering with Director of Community and Policy and CEO to identify and set ambitious yet feasible revenue, donor quantity and retention benchmarks to achieve both immediate (current FY) and long-term (next 3-5 years) development goals
- Proposing strategies for CEO to achieve goals for different donor segments and then implementing tactical plans
- Regularly assessing progress to goals, identifying what is driving and impeding progress, proposing solutions to address gaps, and adjusting course as necessary
2/ Cooperating with operational systems required to track and manage a high volume of donors in all funding streams through the pipeline. This includes but is not limited to:
- Improving and Maintaining accurate and up-to-date data in internal systems
- Developing and/or improving systems and processes (operating plans, calendar, meeting prep etc.) to manage other departments and CEO and self to execute on key actions from the strategic and operating plans
3/ Managing the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects to build strong relationships, increase renewal and upgrade rates and expand our base of support by:
- Designing engagement plans for prospects and donors grounded in an analysis of motivations/barriers to supporting our organization
- Prioritizing the right actions for the Director of Community and Policy and CEO to take in order to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors and prospects and preparing/supporting to execute
- Planning and executing excellent donor interactions and communications (events, site visits, fundraising campaign, corporate engagement, donor circles or committees, letters, etc.)
- Conducting research to build the pipeline for new money, identify potential upgrades within existing donor base and gather information to determine the best approach to engage prospects and donors
4/ Other strategic and management tasks as required.
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience.
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND EXPERIENCE PREREQUISITES
- Has an uncommon level of personal responsibility with exceptional goal orientation and a proven track record of success
- Minimum of 3 years work experience for Manager level and 5 years for Director level
- Prior corporate working experience, administrative and/or development experience is a must
- CSR, Finance experience strongly preferred
- Highly organized with proven time management skills and experience creating efficient systems to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Motivated by meeting ambitious deadlines and outcome-oriented
- Possesses a spirit of flexibility, a positive outlook and a strong customer service ethic
- Managing back-end operations and taking care of the details
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Critical thinker who displays good judgment in prioritizing problems to resolve and opportunities to pursue
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional personal responsibility for meeting goals and a track record of success
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of MS Office and data analysis software are preferred
How to Apply:
Kindly send your CV and Letter of Intent (explaining why you are a good fit for the job) to email email@example.com with title [TFV] DEVELOPMENT MANAGER or DIRECTOR _ Your full name
Due to the high number of applicants, we can only answer to successful candidates. Thank you for your understanding.